Tips to Help Proctect Your Packages
Packages being stolen: Expect to hear about increased cases of packages being stolen from front porches. Along with the increased number of packages that will be delivered over the next several weeks, expect to hear about increased cases of packages being stolen from front porches.
- Here are a few tips listed below on how you can prevent being a victim of this type of crime. Pick what works for you:
· - Give the shipper specific times for delivery (when you will be there to accept delivery).
· - Have your package delivered to your work address if you or someone else will be there to accept delivery for you.
· - Ask a trusted family member or neighbor if you can have the package delivered to their address if you will be on vacation or at work during the expected delivery date.
· - Have the package sent to the delivery company warehouse where you can pick it up in person.
· - Ask the shipper to require a signature upon delivery.
· - Insure the package.
· - Obtain tracking information from the shipper.
· - Contact the company you ordered from and the shipper if you suspect your parcel has been stolen.
· - Ask a trusted neighbor to check your front porch if you will be away during the expected delivery date. Also ask that person to check for fliers, door hanger advertisements, papers, mail, etc.
· - Doorbell cameras are on the market and allow you to monitor your porch when you are not home and some have intercom features as well.
· - Get a Post Office box or a commercial mail box (ex: UPS store) where deliveries are not as prone to theft due to staff on site and security measures in place at the site.
NOTICE: Tram Passes Will Be $6.00 Effective Jan. 1, 2017
Tram passes will be $6.00 per pass effective January 1, 2017 due to an increase in cost.
Sandiago's Mexican Grill is under Renovations
Sandiago's Mexican Grill is under renovations and has a planned opening date of December 2nd. Sandiago's is under new ownership which is no longer offering SHHA members discounts.
High Finance Restaurant
THe High Finance Restaurant has closed and demolition and reconstruction are underway with a planned opening of Spring or Early Summer 2018. High Finance is under new ownership which is no longer offering SHHA members discounts.
Let's Work Together To Help Protect Our Community-- a note from Sandia Heights Security
Bernalillo County Treasurer's Office Warns of Possible Tax Scam
Found Items at the SHHA Office
The SHHA office has several found items such as eye glasses, keys, a cell phone and a watch. If you are missing any of these items, please come in or call the office at 797-7793. You will need to be able to describe your lost item for security reasons.
Sandia Heights Homeowners Association
The Sandia Heights Homeowners Association (SHHA) is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of all Sandia Heights residents. The SHHA mission is to promote the common interest of the homeowners, property owners and residents located within Sandia Heights and to preserve the unique character and quality of life of the area. The Association depends upon an active and involved membership. Your ideas and participation are encouraged! By joining the Association, you are showing your support for the volunteers who put in many hours to ensure that you and your neighbors continue to enjoy the many benefits that come with living in Sandia Heights.